Tuesday 22 January 2008

Sure this is self censored. Some things I do are too stupid even to confess to myself never mind the wider world. Recording a dismal and mediocre day may serve some purpose, if only to remind myself that not all was wasted. I have nearly finished the last 'Jesus' book, (though accidentally left it at Bilborough) and just now commenced Olly's Christmas token book by Stephen Pinker.His style skips along, unlike my Jesus chapter. At least, during an uninspiring Bilborough 'cover' day, meeting other teachers' 'coursework pressured' students I was able to write afew reformed paragraphs and read a couple of chapters. I complain sometimes about Peter but am so glad he slagged off the Jesus chapter. It is knee deep in the mud of marginal political machinations. A big sweep (with due references to sources for those who may seek detail at some stage) is what is required.

A 'phone call from John to confirm Devon dates made me realise that he may read a fast paced book on my subject for all that he detests organised (and probably disorganised) religion. He would be put off though by the clutter of that chapter as currently drafted. He also asked about my mobile tariff, which reminded me how few UWDC details I have absorbed. Of course one cannot memorise everything, but I do need a broad outline. His call also reminded me of my still rundown, convalescent state. Most days I am ready to dance at any time. Today the idea seems quite alien. I feel leaden.

Let us hope the most exceptional feature of today's post is its relative gloom. At least I got to Bilborough. On Sunday I felt so low I had anticipated writing off an entire week.

No comments: