Wednesday 2 January 2008

Barely a day since my last entry, but the New Year is promising. For pension purposes an unsolicited call for Utility Warehouse services means I have made an appointment with a new prospect before I had even planned to begin the year's marketing. I had time to watch the tango DVD delivered before Christmas. I noted the upright posture of the demo. man and compared it with my stooping shoulders, as caught on Njaal and Cidinha's You Tube recording of Goose Fair Night. I will bear that dreadful profile in mind when dancing at Saturday's milonga in West Bridgford.

The cold has all but gone, and salsa will start again at the Up and Down Under bar on Sunday. That will be after the morning's Epiphany Service in Southwell. My contribution to post Communion lunch at Anne's is chosen and a shopping list duly written. Before then there is a lunch date chez Lawley's; they are always great company and I look forward to hearing Peter's critique of a afew more chapters of 'PD'.

Roger and I should meet on Friday pm at the new pub in Mapperley. By then, finally, I will have finished 'The Jewish War'. All that death, starvation, disease and destruction is indigestible in all but the smallest doses. Fortunately I am merely reading about it. Next on the list will be the Gospels again, this time informed by contact with the works of Schweitzer and Sheehan. 'Impossible' chords as per Sal Salvador are beginning to sound musical after some modest, but regular, post Christmas practice. And so to: more Salvador, Sheehan's last lecture, Marek's present (Sandbrook book) and bed.

No comments: