Monday 14 January 2008

Am just returned, content and refreshed after a post lesson practica at the Faze Cafe in Mansfield Road. Dancers are such lovely company; such a privelege to tango with Claire, Lisa and Maria. Ella from Chile was a welcome surprise, but alas she is returning home later this week. Must salsa with her on Wednesday before she flies.

Only afew 'phone calls made this morning after cleaning and reading, but the desk is set and clear for tomorrow, unless of course I get called into Bilborough. I may yet get through to a person of influence, who can arrange a meeting and give the go ahead for their organisation to become a CFR.

I believe Gladys was sincere last night in her commendation of 'Paradise Delayed'. As an ex JW the theme has a special significance for her. I had thought my concluding chapter was horribly rambling, but Gladys thought it the highlight. I read it through today and maybe she's right. She lent me a powerful essay by Martin Amis, on a theme similar to mine; the horror of extremists who know they are right and with whom reason is impossible.

Time for another 'Jewish Peasant' chapter before bed.

No comments: