Saturday 12 January 2008

John has just 'phoned and offerred accommodation during tango mango week. Must e.mail Wim and cancel soon. Diana Rigg, this week's Speccie diarist finds the notion of blogging inconceivable. When the world knows all about you, anonymity must seem like heaven; when, as in my case, anonymity is the norm, recognition is a bonus.

Last night's late Christmas Party chez Julie's friends was quite joyful. It was interesting to see how the chorale reacted to the boozy and boisterous, but quite charming, rugger types from Ilkeston. Richard, the dutiful and rather earnest organ scholar, showed himself to be quite the showman as well as a flamboyant and inventive accompanist. He is equally at home in party mood as he is with conducting the cerebral, delicate and sacred anthems and psalms.

Every UWDC prospect is a challenge and I am learning to view each as an opportunity to learn more. Every time I try to sort out the needs of a new client my knowledge of the diversity of provision increases, as does my understanding of the range of individual attitudes. Some will do all the sums and scrutinize every chart. Others will take my assurances as read.

I have read all the gospels afresh and am resolved to highlight, in my JC chapter, the significance of a Divine plan that must be fulfilled, and the inevitable End of Days which is part of that plan. Whatever or whoever the 'real' Jesus was, the Day of Judgement looms large in the established gospels.

No comments: