Tuesday 25 August 2009

I'm Back

Long time since I've blogged. Only ten days from now and I shall be a father in law. Am hoping the boys have more self employed success than I have thus far. They are both working with colleagues from the start, Olly with the band and Marek, also with the band, as well as with lawyers, with Sabina and with a colleague in the insurance biz. That should provide springboards and sounding boards for ideas; there is less danger of negative introspection.

Apart from short poems and celebratory verse as well as a published letter in the Spectator, writing is moribund. Come on TLC - tell us the score - find me an agent. So many writers have benefited from professional editors, often ruthless ones; Patrick Hennessey in 'Jnr. Offrs. Reading Club' and Jerome K. Jerome with 'Three Men in a Boat'. I notice these things now.

Tango songs give nearly as much pleasure as the tunes. Have been booked to sing Italian songs at Car Colston W.I. Will write and rehearse a definitive script. Bilborough lecturettes have been a good training ground for giving presentations. When the book is published, Facebook, the blog- all possible media will be employed in its promotion. Time for bed.

No comments: